Research Associate (CRISPR)
Mammoth Biosciences is an early-stage venture backed biotechnology company located in San Francisco, California.
Company Mission: We are creating the platform that will democratize diagnostics, allowing everyone on earth to manage and make informed choices about the health of themselves and their families quickly, affordably, and easily.
- Passion for team and mission
- Communication and transparency
- Speed and rigor
- Have fun and love coming to work
Mammoth is seeking a Research Associate experienced in protein and nucleic acid biochemistry techniques to work with our CRISPR development team. The ideal candidate will have experience with protein engineering, molecular biology, protein purification and bioinformatics. Further, the candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team, be highly motivated, and display excellent time management skills. The Research Technician will report directly to a Scientist.
- Protein purification, cloning and bioinformatics
- Design and execute CRISPR biochemistry and bioinformatics based projects
- Think creatively about diagnostic and CRISPR technologies
- Communicate and accurately record experimental progress
- Stay current in the field by participating in educational opportunities and reading relevant publications.
- BS/BA or Masters in biology, chemistry or a related field
- 1+ years industry experience in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Strong background in molecular biology, bioinformatics, protein biochemistry and nucleic acid biochemistry
- Ability and enthusiasm for learning new skills
- Exceptional skills in communication, presentations, data analysis, and interpretation
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas gene editing and screens in both eukaryotes and prokaryotes
- Experience with high-throughput protein engineering and synthetic biology in prokaryotes
- Experience with programming (Python, R, etc. ) with emphasis on biological data
- Well versed in CRISPR-Cas and diagnostic literature
- Competitive salary
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free lunch
- 401(k) matching